Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oct 26th Featured Artist: Kimberlee Wilson


Glass Artist Kimberlee Wilson’s repertoire includes handcrafted vases, bowls, jewelry and garden designs featuring her signature 24K gold Dragonfly decal fused into the glass.



Artist's Statement:

I have always appreciated and collected glass art pieces, in a variety of forms, from cut and stained glass, to blown glass, and to my chosen medium of kiln-fused. Soon after I took my first basic fused-
glass training, I started making glass jewelry, and gradually moved onto larger and more complex projects. As my understanding of kiln operation and material properties increased, I took additional advanced training for specialized techniques.

I design and handcraft each glass art piece in my home studio in Enumclaw, Washington. I take a tremendous amount of pride in the quality and workmanship of every item. I love creating functional fused-glass pieces, such as vases, bowls, and serving trays for the home. My other passion is garden design. I love to create garden- themed pieces like birdbaths, and a wide variety of interesting and customer-specific outdoor landscape décor.


Each item I produce includes my “signature” of a 24k gold Dragonfly decal, fused into the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment