Friday, February 22, 2013

April 26th Featured Artist: Marquita Hunt

Artist Statement: I was born in Tacoma WA and grew up in Lakewood. I'm proud to say that I'm definitely a local artist. After attending California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland, I returned home to marry and raise a family. For many years, I worked as an interior designer for Greenbaums in Bellevue, WA. I left to start my own decorative painting business called Illusions. Faux finishing, marbleizing, and murals of all kinds. Every job was entirely different from the previous one, requiring a lot of versatility which suited me just fine. At this time, I am spending my time in my studio creating work that is satisfying to me and exciting to others. I enjoy the non-objective or abstract pieces. They are original and exist no where until completed. I feel you must have the courage to follow your intuition. My work is currently at Proctor Art Gallery and Lakewood Art Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment